Kids of all ages love the games available at lego.com. Check out the fun, interactive bedtime stories for preschoolers. “Read and Build” allows pre-schoolers to create their own story as they build with blocks. Lego also has popular games for older builders; “Forest Ambush Game” is particularly popular here at the library!
Join us for some of these great programs at your favorite St. Louis Public Library locations all week long:
Ready for a story?
Join us for storytime:
- Monday at Kingshighway and Machacek Branches
- Tuesday at Julia Davis, and Walnut Park Branches
- Wednesday at Carpenter and Buder Branches
- Thursday at Buder and Schlafly Branches
- Friday at Central Library
- Board Games at Central Library and Video Gaming at Baden Branch on Thursday
Ready to make something awesome?
- Silly Spiders Tuesday at Kingshighway Branch
- Paper and Straw Rockets at Buder Branch, Apple Prints at Central Library, and Spidery Finger Prints at Divoll Branch on Wednesday
- Masterpiece Mania at Carpenter Branch on Thursday
Ready to explore more books?
- Get Ready to Read! Tuesday at Central Library
- Picture This Book Club at Julia Davis Branch on Wednesday
Have a Great Week!
Know somebody in 3rd through 5th grade looking for a fast-paced read that will have them laughing out loud? Kids in grades 3-5 can pick up a FREE copy of NERDS: National Espionage, Research and Defense Society by Michael Buckley at any St. Louis Public Library branch while supplies last!
While running a spy network from their elementary school, five unpopular misfits combine their talents and use cutting-edge gadgetry to fight evil around the world. Join the spies as they face an array of James Bond–style villains, each with an evil plan more diabolical and more ridiculous than the last.
If you loved NERDS – be sure check out all the sequels; Mr. Buckley just published the grand finale, NERDS: Book Five: Attack of the BULLIES, this month!
Leave your thoughts about NERDS here on the blog, and don’t forget to catch Michael Buckley at Central on Oct. 22 from 7-8pm!