The new year is nearly upon us, and what better way to celebrate the arrival of 2013 than by making your own kazoo? Grab a bunch of friends, put together your own orchestra, and party the night away!
What you’ll need:
- paper towel tube
- wax paper
- rubber band
- hole punch
- awesome decorations
What you’ll do:
- Cut the paper towel tube into 4.5” sections.
- Put on your creativity hat and decorate the tube any way you like!
- Use the hole punch to put a hole about an 1” from one end of the tube.
- Cut a circle of wax paper slightly bigger than tube opening and secure it with a rubber band so that it covers the end near the hole.
- Voilà! Start humming and get ready to celebrate the New Year! It may take a minute to learn to hum into your kazoo properly, but you’ll be ready to provide music all night long in no time!
Ready to experiment? Try adding more holes along the length of the tube. How does it sound the you cover some of them? all of them? none of them?
What other instruments can you make?