Here is what you need:
- Green, pink, red, and black construction paper
- Cotton balls
- White glue
- Red yarn
- Red and white pipe cleaners
- Paper clip
- Hole punch
Here is what you do:
1. Cut two identical triangles from green paper with 4-inch bases and 6-inch sides. Cut two green rectangles for arms. Cut a head and hands from pink paper and boots from black paper.
2. Put glue all over one triangle. Put the tops of the boots in the glue at the bottom of triangle. Glue the end of an arm about halfway down on each side of the triangle and glue a hand to the end of each arm. Cover the first triangle with the second one.
3. Glue the head about 2 inches down from the point of the triangle. Glue cotton across the top of the head, and glue a fluffed-out cotton ball on the face for a beard. Punch out eyes from black paper and cheeks and a nose from red paper and glue them in place.
4. Glue a piece of red yarn along the bottom of the triangle to trim the coat. Knot two short pieces of yarn and glue them to the front of the hat to form a tassel. Punch a hole in the top of the hat. String a long piece of yarn through the hole and tie the ends to make a hanger.
5. Twist two 4-inch pieces of pipe cleaner together to make a candy cane. Tie a yarn bow around the candy cane. Fold the elf’s arms around in front to hold the candy cane and glue them in place. Use a paper clip to hold the arms together until the glue is dry.
Reference: Crafts to Make in Winter by Kathy Ross
Love this craft? Want to make one with us? Join us TODAY, December 11th, 2012 at the Schlafly Branch–we’ll be making them from 4-5 pm.
Hope to see you there!