You’ve heard of a “helping hand,” but here’s a quick and easy craft that will really bring your hands to life:
What you’ll need:
- at least two pipe cleaners
- styrofoam balls, ~ 1” in diameter (you may cut out circles of paper instead)
What you’ll do:
- Use the markers to decorate the styrofoam balls/paper circles and turn them into eyeballs
- Take one pipe cleaner, and cut it up into pieces to use as eyelashes. Insert the short pieces into the top of each eyeball. The more pipe cleaners, the thicker the eyelids.
- Take the second pipe cleaner and fold it in half. Fold it in half again (it should now be 1/4 the original length) Twist it tightly so it does not unravel.
- Insert the folded pipe cleaner into the bottom of each eyeball, and bend it in the middle to create a “V” shape.
Now you are ready to go! Rest the base of your middle finger into the bent pipe cleaner, and close your hand. Move your thumb and watch your creature speak.
To really round out this craft, make a wig out of extra yarn so your hand can have a full head of hair!
Love this idea? Join us at the Baden Branch on Tuesday, September 4th to make your own!